I am currently a PhD student with the Visualization and data analysis group at the University of Vienna. My primary research interest is using visualization to understand multi-dimensional spaces. I also dabble in machine learning and functional programming. I am particularly a fan of the Haskell and Purescript languages.
- January 10, 2017
- Guest lecture Visualization of machine learning algorithms, JKU Linz.
- January 8, 2017
- Guest lecture Tuner, MedVis 2, TU Wien.
- November 30, 2017
- Invited talk Slicing multi-dimensional spaces, Discrete geometry seminar, Freie University Berlin.
- June 12, 2017
- Publication Torsney-Weir, Thomas, Michael Sedlmair, and Torsten Möller. “Sliceplorer: 1D slices for multi-dimensional continuous functions,” Computer Graphics Forum. 2017.
- February 3, 2017
- Blog post An open letter to Donald Trump
- February 1, 2017
- Publication Torsney-Weir, Thomas, Steven Bergner, Derek Bingham, and Torsten Möller. “Predicting the interactive rendering time threshold of Gaussian process models with HyperSlice,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 2017.